The Oviedo Preservation Project was founded in 2005 and is run entirely by unpaid volunteers. Since its inception, the group has mobilized over $200,000 to help preserve history in and around Oviedo. We sponsor projects throughout the year to make history more accessible to everyone, and to enlist the assistance of members of the community in helping us make Oviedo’s history come alive through its traditions. Please get involved in one of our projects by e-mailing info@OviedoTraditions.com.
- Citrus & Celery Cook-Off (2nd Saturday in March at Taste of Oviedo)
- Scholarship Program (deadline in March with awards in May)
- Photo Contest (kicks off the last Friday in May, ends the last Friday in August)
- The Rising (last weekend in October – all around Oviedo, including the Oviedo Cemetery)
- Annual Living History Calendar (passed out the 1st Saturday in November at Great Day in the Country)